By George Kesidis (auth.)
ATM community functionality, moment Edition, describes techniques to laptop and verbal exchange community administration on the ATM layer of the protocol hierarchy. the focal point is on fulfilling quality-of-service necessities for person connections. leads to either components of bandwidth scheduling and site visitors regulate are defined. contemporary leads to end-to-end functionality, provisioning for video connections and statistical multiplexing also are defined. the entire fabric has been up to date the place acceptable and new references further and improved.
well timed updates:
- Entirely new bankruptcy on ATM switches with an emphasis on scalable-to-terabit switching.
- New fabric on round-robin scheduling, jitter regulate, QoS paradigms in addition to certain remedy of fluid modeling and variable bit price channel means.
- Expanded insurance of CBR channels, IP over ATM, and guaranteed-rate functionality.
- Substantial bring up in end-of-chapter routines. recommendations for chosen routines in separate appendix. entire ideas for all routines additionally on hand from author.
Read Online or Download ATM Network Performance PDF
Similar international books
This consultant offers company guidance and overseas practitioners with a accomplished around the world felony research of the legislation and laws of pageant litigation. it truly is divided into major sections: One normal bankruptcy. this can be designed to supply readers with an summary of the English adventure of the EC Commission's White Paper on damages activities.
Information Warehousing and data Discovery were commonly authorised as key te- nologies for corporations and enterprises to enhance their skills in information research, selection help, and the automated extraction of information from information. With the exponentially turning out to be quantity of data to be incorporated within the decision-making method, the knowledge to be processed develop into an increasing number of complicated in either constitution and semantics.
This ebook constitutes the completely refereed post-conference court cases of the fifth overseas convention on complicated Infocomm know-how, ICAIT 2012, held in Paris, France, July 2012. The 32 revised complete papers offered including four invited talks have been conscientiously chosen from ninety seven submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on mounted cellular convergence and rising networks applied sciences, functionality and caliber of provider, fiber applied sciences and multimedia processing, conversation softwares and prone, safety, sensor applied sciences and instant structures, energy-aware networks and gear administration, and cellular ad-hoc, mesh and vehicular networks.
Agent-Based Technologies and Applications for Enterprise Interoperability: International Workshops, ATOP 2005 Utrecht, The Netherlands, July 25-26, 2005, and ATOP 2008, Estoril, Portugal, May 12-13, 2008, Revised Selected Papers
The ATOP (Agent-Based applied sciences and functions for company Interoperability) workshop sequence makes a speciality of applied sciences that aid interoperability in networked organisations, on profitable purposes of those applied sciences, and on classes realized. to date ATOP workshops were held on the AAMAS meetings in Utrecht, The Netherlands, in July 2005, and in Estoril, Portugal, in may perhaps 2008.
- Proceedings of the 31st Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education Volume 3
- Immunotoxicology: Proceedings of the International Seminar on the Immunological System as a Target for Toxic Damage — Present Status, Open Problems and Future Perspectives
- Stationary Phases in Gas Chromatography
- Enterprise Information Systems: 14th International Conference, ICEIS 2012, Wroclaw, Poland, June 28 - July 1, 2012, Revised Selected Papers
Additional resources for ATM Network Performance
2. 2 45 ROUND-ROBIN SCHEDULERS In round-robin scheduling, the sequence of cell departure epochs is divided into consecutive frames. Each FIFO queue with a nonzero bandwidth allotment has a reserved number of slots (departure epochs) in each frame. 1 Weighted Round-Robin (WRR) Consider a frame size of I slots. Under WRR, the nth queue is assigned rPnll slots per frame where pn is this queue's bandwidth requirement and rPnll /1 is its bandwidth allotment. 3 the frame size is f = 8 and the bandwidth requirements are PI = 1/10, P2 = 1/4 and P3 = 1/6.
A bandwidth scheduler's guaranteed-rate property determines how well the scheduler allocates bandwidth to the FIFO queues. 2. 2 45 ROUND-ROBIN SCHEDULERS In round-robin scheduling, the sequence of cell departure epochs is divided into consecutive frames. Each FIFO queue with a nonzero bandwidth allotment has a reserved number of slots (departure epochs) in each frame. 1 Weighted Round-Robin (WRR) Consider a frame size of I slots. Under WRR, the nth queue is assigned rPnll slots per frame where pn is this queue's bandwidth requirement and rPnll /1 is its bandwidth allotment.
It is little more difficult to show that a (a, p) leaky bucket followed by a queue with constant service rate 1l" > P induces both (a, p) and 1l"-peak-rate constraints, see Lemma 3 of . 1. A PSN consists of a bank of synchronized, discrete-time FIFO queues sharing a bandwidth resource with a service capacity of one cell per unit time (c cells / s ). , queues handling CBR or VBR traffic. 1. There may be a best-effort queue for ABR traffic that does not have bandwidth guarantees (MCR= 0). There may be a separate best-effort queue for UBR traffic.