By Jakob Reichel, Vladan Vuletic
This stimulating dialogue of a swiftly constructing box is split into components. the 1st gains tutorials in textbook sort delivering self-contained introductions to a number of the parts appropriate to atom chip learn. half II includes examine stories that supply an built-in account of the present country in an lively sector of study the place atom chips are hired, and discover attainable routes of destiny development. reckoning on the topic, the size of the evaluation and the relative weight of the 'review' and 'outlook' elements fluctuate, because the authors comprise their very own own view and elegance of their debts.
Read or Download Atom Chips PDF
Best optics books
Many basic approaches in physics contain delivery and the fabulous development within the regulate and engineering of topic on the nano-scale has intended that new regimes of wave shipping were the topic of significant curiosity in fresh a long time. This publication provides a suite of contributions from audio system and academics on the CLXXIII overseas university of Physics Enrico Fermi, held in Varenna, Italy, in June 2009.
This creation to the sector of semiconductor optics, together with shipping phenomena in semiconductors, has its beginning in a sophisticated path together given by way of a theoretician and an experimentalist. beginning with the theoretical basics of this box the e-book develops, assuming a simple wisdom of solid-state physics.
- Optofluidics : fundamentals, devices, and applications
- Quantum Confined Laser Devices
- Mesh-Based Survivable Networks: Options and Strategies for Optical, MPLS, SONET and ATM Networking
- Field guide to radiometry
- Vacuum Ultraviolet Spectroscopy. Experimental Methods in Physical Sciences
- Light propagation through biological tissue and other diffusive media : theory, solutions, and software
Additional resources for Atom Chips
1) contribute a corrugation, which have a relative amplitude given to good approximation by C 1/3(M g h/m F g F μ B B0 )2 . Such a corrugation leads pto a diffusive component in the reflected atoms with an angular spread Δθrms 2C . 1a) creates an effective magnetic field approximately the same as that of a magnet of width a/4 centered at y D N a/4 (CN a/4) . Thus, by placing two magnets, with width a/4 and opposite magnetizations, one at each end of the array, the magnetic field above a large area of a finite array will mimic the field above an infinite array.
B) Dependence of the normalized field roughness –100 0 100 200 Distance y, µm predicted by the model (Eq. 7)) on the transverse coordinate y for heights 10 μm (solid), 50 μm (dotted), and 100 μm (dashed line) . Stylus profilometer measurements indicate that the r m s roughness of the polished edge of the slide is around 10 nm over a 400-μm scale. 85 dependence. When the cloud is positioned z0 D 50 μm below the magnetic surface substantial fragmentation is observed. However, when it is positioned 50 μm below the non-magnetic gold surface the density distribution exhibits a rather smooth profile.
M. (1998) Appl. Phys. Lett. 72, 2906. W. (1999) Phys. Rev. Lett. 83, 3398. , and Schmiedmayer, J. (1999) Phys. Rev. Lett. 82, 2014. A. (1999) Phys. Rev. Lett. 83, 5194. , and Prentiss, M. (2000) Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 1124. G. (2000) Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 1371. J. (1999) J. Phys. B: Quant. Semicl. Opt. 1, 408. , and Schmiedmayer, J. (2000) Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 4749. W. (2001) Phys. Rev. Lett. 86, 608. , and Reichel, J. (2001) Nature 413, 498. , and Zimmermann, C. (2001) Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 230401.